• Leyla Hur, as featured in Munaty Cooking

    Leyla Hur, as featured in Munaty Cooking

    "In Hong Kong, everything revolves around food, and it was not different in my family. In my family, each meal was truly an event and that is something I still hold close. Right after we finished one meal, Dad would discuss with us what we would have for our next meal..."

  • About Leyla

    About Leyla

    "Even from my earliest years, I liked to feed people and share my food with others. I have been privileged enough to grow up in Hong Kong, live in Malaysia, Australia, Canada, and now the United States; and I have travelled extensively throughout the world, sampling the delicacies of..."

  • Asian Beef Lettuce Cups (with Vegetarian Alternative)

    Asian Beef Lettuce Cups (with Vegetarian Alternative)

    "In Hong Kong, this is very famous and usually comes when you order Peking Duck. The restaurant will then make three dishes from the duck. You will usually get the skin (Peking Duck) which is served with..."

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Quick Tomato Basil Garlic Blue Cheese Pizza

I bought a packet of fresh pizza dough from Fresh & Easy the other week and had not gotten around to using it, so I popped it in the freezer until I knew I was going to use it. Yesterday, I decided was the day, but I did not want to make a pizza that was overly heavy and I am not the keenest on the marinara sauce bottoms, so what to do with it?

I looked in the fridge to see what I had, and of course there was no mozzarella cheese, but in the freezer, I had a block of blue cheese and decided to break it out.

I popped into the garden and picked some fresh basil, sliced some garlic and slow cooked them in a bit of butter and vegetable oil to produce a well flavoured garlic butter.

So after defrosting the dough, I had taken it out earlier in the day and left it on the counter to slow defrost, I spread it out and popped it on a lightly greased baking sheet. I spread the garlic butter out over the entire pizza, its melted so easy to spread, just make sure that the garlic pieces are evenly distributed across the entire dough.

On top of this, I added the (washed and drained) basil leaves, sliced tomatoes, and crumbled blue cheese.

Then into a preheated 450* oven for 10-15 minutes (or until crust is well cooked and golden brown) - oh SO good. Perfect for a Friday night movie date night to eat while snuggled up on the sofa with your love and so fast and easy to make also.

Here are the ingredients:

1 pre-made pizza dough
6 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup butter
2 TBSP vegetable oil (or Olive Oil)
12-15 fresh basil leaves
2 tomatoes, sliced thickly
1 small block of (good quality) blue cheese, approx 1/2 cup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment