• Leyla Hur, as featured in Munaty Cooking

    Leyla Hur, as featured in Munaty Cooking

    "In Hong Kong, everything revolves around food, and it was not different in my family. In my family, each meal was truly an event and that is something I still hold close. Right after we finished one meal, Dad would discuss with us what we would have for our next meal..."

  • About Leyla

    About Leyla

    "Even from my earliest years, I liked to feed people and share my food with others. I have been privileged enough to grow up in Hong Kong, live in Malaysia, Australia, Canada, and now the United States; and I have travelled extensively throughout the world, sampling the delicacies of..."

  • Asian Beef Lettuce Cups (with Vegetarian Alternative)

    Asian Beef Lettuce Cups (with Vegetarian Alternative)

    "In Hong Kong, this is very famous and usually comes when you order Peking Duck. The restaurant will then make three dishes from the duck. You will usually get the skin (Peking Duck) which is served with..."

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quick 'N' Easy Garlic Lemon Chicken

Often I am looking to make a fast dinner where I don't have to stand too long to create it. I have mentioned in the past that my Magic Bullet blender sits on my counter, and I do in fact use it on an almost daily basis.

I have been in a mega Fibromyalgia and arthritis flare-up for the past few days, so standing for any length of time in the kitchen is not really an option for me tonight. So I thought about what I could make fast and easy, and still maintain a delicious taste for my beloved taste-tester.

This is what I came up with. I kind of got the idea for this dish when I went to one of our local Middle Eastern grocers where they sold whole roasted rotisserie chickens. After I had cut the chicken up to serve it, I had a little skizz (look) into the cavity and saw half lemons and mounds of chopped garlic and spices. Not one to shy away from tasting something different and trying to "figure it out", I grabbed a spoon and "went digging". The flavours were amazing and I easily placed them.

Tonight I decided to try and fashion our meal off of that but adding a few of my own "tastes" to the flavour and to grind everything together to make a sauce for our rice.

As it cooks in the oven, the aroma filling the house is delectable. Served over rice with a side salad, this dish is filling, but also very healthy. Cooked on an outdoor grill would lend to the flavours - however, if doing that, then I suggest removing the bone to aid in the cooking time.

I hope you will give it a try and will love it as much as we did.

Happy Cooking, Happy Eating!


Ingredients:

1/2 lemon juice
8 cloves garlic
3 TBSP oil
1/2 tsp 7 Spices
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander, ground
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp fennel seeds
2 lbs chicken legs

1. Put everything but the chicken in to the Magic Blender, and mix until like a smoothie consistency
2. Rinse the chicken legs and pat dry. Place into an oven safe dish. Pour the sauce over the legs and then rub to make sure every part of the chicken legs are covered
3. Cook in a HOT 395*F oven for 45 minutes.

Serve with rice or pita bread with hummus and salad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment