• Leyla Hur, as featured in Munaty Cooking

    Leyla Hur, as featured in Munaty Cooking

    "In Hong Kong, everything revolves around food, and it was not different in my family. In my family, each meal was truly an event and that is something I still hold close. Right after we finished one meal, Dad would discuss with us what we would have for our next meal..."

  • About Leyla

    About Leyla

    "Even from my earliest years, I liked to feed people and share my food with others. I have been privileged enough to grow up in Hong Kong, live in Malaysia, Australia, Canada, and now the United States; and I have travelled extensively throughout the world, sampling the delicacies of..."

  • Asian Beef Lettuce Cups (with Vegetarian Alternative)

    Asian Beef Lettuce Cups (with Vegetarian Alternative)

    "In Hong Kong, this is very famous and usually comes when you order Peking Duck. The restaurant will then make three dishes from the duck. You will usually get the skin (Peking Duck) which is served with..."

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Onion Garlic Herb Focaccia Bread

This is seriously the easiest thing to made... its semi homemade and SO good.

We've had a ton of these new supermarket chain stores called "Fresh and Easy" pop up on almost every block in the Phoenix Valley here, and one has just gone in down the road from us. So the other night, my husband and I decided to venture in and check it out.

It's a lot smaller than many of the large supermarket chain stores, and the check outs are all self-serve, with a "bagger" who bags your items for you as you scan them in. But this keeps the prices low but the quality is high, it seems to have a large portion of organic foods and a generally more "healthier" selection of items.

What they have a good amount of is fresh pre-made foods that one can easily heat in the oven or microwave... but not the "crud" that one normally finds that is mass-produced and found in the freezer section. This stuff is fresh made, and looks like something you'd get on your plate at a restaurant.

It is in this section that I picked up a packet of the Focaccia and Herb dough and also a pizza dough.

This is really so easy to do. I simply sliced very finely half a small onion and then cut it in half side ways, and then one garlic and minced it.

Then I put two tablespoons of butter in a microwave safe measuring cup, added the onions and garlic, some salt, and a dash of pepper and microwaved it for about 45 seconds (until the butter was melted). The onion and garlic par-cooks and their flavours go into the butter.

On a cookie sheet, I put the bread and kind of "patted" it out so that it was flat, but not too thin, leaving the edges a bit more crusty. And I made slight "dents" with my finger tips all across the dough.

I then poured the garlic and onion butter mix over and using a spoon smoothed it out so that the whole "square" was covered.

Cooked in a 400*F oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown; then leave it to "rest" for about 20 minutes before slicing it.

It is great as an accompaniment to a fresh salad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment