Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Stuffed Chicken Breast
It is very easy to make and rather fast also, plus its healthy too.
2 chicken breast, skinless and boneless
1 tsp crushed garlic (preserved in oil)
½ tsp chicken powder
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
½ cup grated cheese
4 bacon rashers (cut into ¼’s)
1 green onion (spring onion – cut into 1 inch pieces and julienne)
Sliced mushrooms (approx 1 mushroom per breast)
1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
1. Heat oven to 400°F
2. Rinse and dry chicken breasts and pop into a Ziploc sandwich baggie – seal but make sure air is out of bag. 1 breast per bag.
3. Hammer the breasts until flattened out. Be careful to not “mash” the breast, and don’t hammer too thin.
4. Mix garlic and chicken powder and pepper together well. Spread half of the mixture all over each breast.
5. Lay half of the bacon on each breast.
6. In the middle of the breast place ½ of the julienne green onions, layer on top the mushrooms, ½ shredded cheese on each breast, and finally ½ cup spinach on each breast.
7. Roll up two sides and “pin” together with toothpicks. Pop in oven for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with steamed rice, slightly buttered brown rice, buttered pearl barley, or quinoa; steamed vegetables or green salad.