• Leyla Hur, as featured in Munaty Cooking

    Leyla Hur, as featured in Munaty Cooking

    "In Hong Kong, everything revolves around food, and it was not different in my family. In my family, each meal was truly an event and that is something I still hold close. Right after we finished one meal, Dad would discuss with us what we would have for our next meal..."

  • About Leyla

    About Leyla

    "Even from my earliest years, I liked to feed people and share my food with others. I have been privileged enough to grow up in Hong Kong, live in Malaysia, Australia, Canada, and now the United States; and I have travelled extensively throughout the world, sampling the delicacies of..."

  • Asian Beef Lettuce Cups (with Vegetarian Alternative)

    Asian Beef Lettuce Cups (with Vegetarian Alternative)

    "In Hong Kong, this is very famous and usually comes when you order Peking Duck. The restaurant will then make three dishes from the duck. You will usually get the skin (Peking Duck) which is served with..."

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Easy Chocolate Cake Cookies

This is one of the easiest cookie recipes I have ever come across. It's semi-homemade and fast. I had these done in about 45-mins from start to finish.

The cookies are very chewy and incredibly moist. You can get creative and try this out with other flavours of cake mix.

Ingredients:
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil

Heat oven to 350*F

1. Beat everything together, I did it with a wooden spoon as it'll come together into a ball. This will be the longest step as you have to ensure that everything mixes in well together. At the end of combining everything, I "kneaded" the dough just to bring it together. It will be a beautiful and shiny colour when it's well combined.

2. Roll dough into 1" balls and set on a plate or board

3. Before placing onto a cookie sheet, roll each ball into white sugar to well-coat

4. Place on a cookie sheet, and using a fork, press down very slightly

5. Bake for about 8-10 minutes (I baked for 10 minutes and they were perfect)

6. Once cooked, let sit for about 1 minute then transfer to a cooling rack

This recipe will make approx 3 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment